Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Awesome Weekend That Almost Wasn't

Wow God does answer prayers. I of course knew this already but this weekend it was so obvious it was like God was shooting fireworks in the air so I would know it was Him answering me. Friday night I was extremely depressed and lonely. I prayed very earnestly for God to provide for my loneliness and help me get through the weekend. I was not very optimistic about anything happening though I have to admit. Well on Saturday I was supposed to go to a family get together that was about 2 hours away at a relatives house and was going to just not go figuring no one would even miss me if I stayed home. I knew I would be the only single one there and that everyone else would have wives/husbands and most would have kids. Well I did end up forcing myself to go even though I tried to convince myself not to with every excuse possible. Or maybe it was Satan trying to convince me not to go so that God could not answer my prayer and I would be alone all weekend? I dont know. So anyways I went to the family party and it was a great day and the food was amazing and it was not as bad as I feared. Yes I was indeed the only single one there so did feel funny but I made the best of it and still enjoyed myself. Plus did I mention the food was amazing? :) That party alone probably would have been enough for me to make me happy and not feel so lonely for the weekend. But God had other plans.

Anyways onto the answered prayer part. Well pretty much as soon as I got to the family gathering my brother, who had arrived earlier, asked me if I wanted to go over his friends house (who I also know) later that night after the family party and watch a playoff game with him and a few friends, stay over his house, and then go to his church the next day. Well this just pretty much came out of nowhere so I was surprised. I knew instantly it was God answering my prayer. Even though I had no change of clothes with me and it was all last minute I said yes! I had alot of fun and really enjoyed myself. I have known them all for awhile since we have met at church and have crossed paths many times elsewhere. I enjoyed watching the game with them and I just felt "normal" all night. I did not have to think of any of my problems and was just a guy like them. I was thanking God to myself all night for so clearly answering my prayer. Church today was great too and I only just got home a couple of hours ago.

So I went from being alone and having no plans all weekend to being busy and with people all weekend! Wow God is pretty crazy sometimes. I am still stunned at it all and how God is so good to me. I am so glad that I forced myself to go to the family party as if I had not God would not have been able to make the rest of the weekend happen!

Anyways I am exhausted now as I did not sleep to great on the couch last night but I am tired and happy! I gotta take a shower now though as I still have on the same clothes I had on Saturday morning and I probably dont smell to great! lol :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so super, God provided a great weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ,

    Yes, so much of my life has been like your weekend: God surprising me with answers to prayer that happen in the most unexpected ways!

    It helps me and makes me happy when Christian men make me feel like "one of the guys". Experiencing this kind of non-sexual Christian love really meets a need and somehow gives me more ability to fight sexual temptation.

    ReplyDelete