Thursday, May 27, 2010

Did God Make Me Gay?

I just found this new to me blog called "God's Love – Our Witness" a couple of days ago after Inge, the blog owner there, posted a very thought provoking comment to my blog.

So I explored her blog after reading the comment and I really liked this article she posted the other day titled "Did God Make Me Gay?" Here is a small part of the article that spoke to me the most:

While God walked this earth in human flesh as Jesus Christ, He made clear that He identifies with those who suffer because of the ravages of sin in this world. He healed the sick, the lame, the blind, the lepers. He taught that their conditions were not necessarily the result of their personal choices. And if Jesus walked this earth today, He would identify with the gay people of the world, not condemning them, but drawing them to Himself, just like He drew the outcasts of society two thousand years ago.

We live on a planet that demonstrates the effects of sin – not necessarily particular sins, but sin in general. The Apostle Paul tells us that the “whole creation groans together” under the curse of sin, waiting for the deliverance that comes when Christ returns to this planet again. And a homosexual orientation is just one of the many and varied effects of sin on this planet. That does not mean that homosexually oriented persons are any more sinful than heterosexually oriented persons. It just means that their road in life is more difficult in some respects than that of a heterosexually oriented person in otherwise similar circumstances. And with more difficulty comes more grace.

Anyways be sure to check out the whole blog post there as this is just a tiny portion of it and I thought it was a really good post.

2 comments:

  1. "When is love a sin?" Someone ended their comment of the link you mentioned with this question. I know of a Christian singer, Ray Boltz, who a couple years ago decided to divorce his wife and live as a gay man. He has written a song along the line of "Don't tell me who I can love..." He says he had battled homosexual desires all his life and decided finally to embrace it.

    I am mentioning this because I have been thinking a lot lately about how we deal with homosexuality, then again anything that is a stumbling block that stands in our way often and trips us up. Many I think have given up on change, they say they've tried over and over to get healing but it hasn't happened. I think God knows when we are serious about change, He knows when our heart has been broken and we are ready to say, "No turning back." To give up and not see the process to the end I am beginning to see is a tragedy. Those who have given up will never know the joy of having God heal them.

    Does this make sense? I am still processing my thoughts regarding this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking alot lately as to what healing is in regards to this as well. I am going to respond to this comment with a new post at some point. Thanks for making me think Stan!

    ReplyDelete