Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Strange Dream

Hmm I had a strange dream last night. Its probably not much of anything but since I remember it and its so strange i figured I would post it. Maybe someone who reads my blog is a master dream interpreter and will know what if anything it means :) . It may be kind of a boring dream though but it was just so weird and I dont remember many of my dreams so this stood out to me.

Ok for some reason in my dream I was growing white facial hair. It was really like super long stubble that was white growing out of my face. It was not like a normal beard but rather like longer than normal white stubble growing. It was painful and my face hurt from it and others in my dream were telling me to cut it off. So in my dream I cut the strange white hair/stubble off with a razor and the pain went away. Then I woke up.

Of course I felt my face when I woke up to make sure everything was ok and before I could fall asleep again I had to look in the mirror to make sure I did not have a white beard all of a sudden or anything lol. Yea I told you it was strange. Dont know if there is any meaning at all or just a random strange dream. Anyone have any ideas? :)

1 comment:

  1. Since you woke up from it, it probably was your brain's way of working through some guilt or shame or struggle that has been stressing you out. But I have no idea what exactly the symbolism meant.

    About eight months ago, I had a very vivid dream as well. I dreamt I was in a beautiful mansion, and at the back of the mansion, there was a sunroom with a bath in it. I went into the sunroom to take a bath and realized that there was a kids playground right outside, full of kids. I didn't want them to see me naked, so I went around the room pulling down all the shades. But the door out onto the back lawn was unlocked, and the kids came rushing in. They crowded around me screaming, and I accidentally dropped my towel and stood naked before them. Then I woke up.

    It was the most intense dream I've had in years, and it came just a couple weeks after I had written a letter confessing homosexual attraction to the friend on whom I'd had the biggest gay crush I've ever had. I assumed they were connected, but I still thought the dream was fascinating. A couple months later, I was hanging out with some friends of mine, and one girl I know who is a psychology major was talking about the fun of learning dream interpretation. I asked her to interpret this dream and described it pretty much as I said it here. She said, this dream seems to be saying that you have been going through confusion and shame about your sexuality, and you don't want people to know, but people are finding out anyway. :P Later, I talked to her about my SSA, and she was like, oh, I always knew you thought of yourself as Bisexual. I'd known her for almost four years! Psychology majors are CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete