Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lifeguards on Duty

So went to the beach this weekend with family and it was fun and amazing weather. Only problem of course was all the good looking guys wearing nothing but their bathing suits. For the most part I was able to ignore my lusts though and just have fun and enjoy the day but on occasion I confess I did have lustful thoughts and stared a little to long at times.

There was this weird thing though where I was trying to figure out why I was not attracted to females. There were two lifeguards both probably in their mid 20's one male and one female. Well the male was insanely good looking almost perfect and I was really attracted to him. God really blessed him thats for sure! I mean I was so attracted to him I feared to even look in his direction because I knew I would stare to long. There also was a female lifeguard who I know would have been equally attractive to a straight guy. Well like what always happens to me and what confuses me is I can tell when a woman is beautiful but I just dont seem to feel an attraction to her like I do with guys. I wish I felt an attraction and I actually tried to will myself to feel attracted to her this time. Sadly I had no real success in that though. Its funny I actually found myself glancing at the female lifeguard more than the male as I was trying to figure out why I was not attracted to this obviously insanely attractive female. I felt no lusts or attractions for her I was just studying the female body and also studying myself trying to search for any attractions for her. Of least it kept me from staring at guys I suppose lol.

Well I did not come to any grand conclusions about myself but I thought I would share. Just thought it was funny I glanced at her more than anyone even though I felt no attractions for her and the guy lifeguard was perfect. Oh well just a day in the life of my confused mind and body I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Just so that you know, there IS such a thing as admiring attractive men without lusting over them. Obviously, one shouldn't stare...it's rude AND makes for more difficulty in avoiding lust.

    I don't think your mind and body are confused. If it were as simple as all that, then we could just re-educate you and you'd magically like women. But...that doesn't work.

    I sympathize with what you say, though. It's difficult to resist temptation...but you can. 1 Cor 10:13 is great to remember...be sure to read it in context before you memorize it, though. :-)

    I don't always comment...but I do read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Cool glad to hear from you again David! Ya I really didnt stare I just glanced every so often. Re-reading my post this morning it does sound like all I did was stare and lust all day lol. For most of the day I was fine just a few occasions here and there. But I did probably look to long at times and definitely did lust so I appreciate the advice you gave!

    Ya I wish I could just flip a switch and be attracted to females but like you said I guess it does not work that way. Oh well. Anyways thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete