Saturday, June 5, 2010

Crumbling Walls

A couple of months ago God led me to the blogs of other Christians who struggle with SSA. Reading the blogs and talking with others who struggled like me it was the first time in my life I did not feel alone in my struggle. It has given me courage that I did not even know I had and I have learned many things about myself and SSA. Well now God is leading me to the next step in healing. I am telling my brother of my struggle TODAY. He will be the first person I have ever told of my struggles with SSA. I am anxious, nervous, and excited. Dreading it, yet longing to be honest. I have no idea how he will react although I suspect it will go better than I fear. I am just trusting God that this is the right thing to do. I cant hide anymore from everyone and need the support of loved ones.

I am clinging to the promises of James 5:16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."
and of
Galatians 6:2 "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

I am really nervous about this as I have been hiding for so long. I would appreciate any prayers that you guys want to say for me that I have courage, can clearly explain my struggle, and that I am received with compassion and love. I wouldn't be doing this if it was not for the support you all have given me. God has blessed me by leading me to this community.

Well here goes I am off to his house shortly. I will report back on how it went when I get a chance.


P.S. I cant believe I am actually doing this! :)

4 comments:

  1. AJ,

    You will not regret this. I doubt it will be bad at all, but even if it gets difficult God will be glorified and you will be helped, simply because you obeyed God in the scriptures you mentioned.

    I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you AJ in this scary but important step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I hope it goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it went well for you. Prayers continue for the ongoing relationship you have with your brother and his support for you.

    ReplyDelete